Netherwing Closed Beta
We are pleased to announce that Official Netherwing Closed Beta will begin on 17.02.2018. We are looking for dedicated, experienced and knowledgable people to help us test the content and provide additional information we can use to perfect it. Our goal remains providing the absolute highest quality of both PvE and PvP and we hope to achieve that with your help.
A bit of information about the beta:
- Start date 17.02.2018, precise time to be decided.
- End date depends entirely on development progress. Quality is our primary concern and we will be assessing the state of the realm once the majority of issues have been resolved. Once closed beta is finished, an open beta will begin.
- Beta will be divided into phases in order to help us focus on completing our set objectives. The first phase for example, will be dedicated to TBC dungeons and raids.
- Tester recruitment will oficially end on 15.02.2018. We might reopen it later depending on the progress of each phase.
If you wish to participate in the beta, please write a private message to Wolfenstein on our forum, containing the following:
- Your discord name (you have to join Netherwing discord channel)
- Testing preference (PvE/PvP/Quests/Other) and your experience/knowledge in that area
- Your experience with The Burning Crusade expansion and World of Warcraft in general
- Your previous experiences with emulation and testing (e.g. other projects)
- How much time you can devote to testing per week
- Any additional information which might convince us to invite you
- A Github account
- Patience and dedication
- Ability to search for information from TBC era
- Ability to create comprehensive and understandable bug reports
- Ability to organize tests (dungeon parties/duels) by yourself (Devs don’t have time to help with that)
- Being communicative and active (people who don’t talk/report issues will be removed)
Beta tests are extremely important to us. Any person treating it as an opportunity to only play around with basic commands or distrupt other testers will be removed instantly. It is also important to note that it’s not a finished product yet. There is still a lot of work to do and we have rewritten hundreds of minor and major core systems and mechanics which were not yet tested fully outside of a small group of people. We don’t want people to create a false image of the realm based on the beta (be it negative or positive), which is why it will be strictly forbidden to share information, videos or your testing account with other people. Everyone will be able to see and judge the server by themselves during the open beta.
If you happen to read this news but you don't really know what Netherwing is, here is a list of its main features:
- Blizzlike, x1 rates (Patch 2.4.3)
- Progressive, fully pre-nerf PvE content starting from patch 2.0.3
- 2.4.3 PvP balance
- First realm of our PTE project (TBC->WOTLK->Cataclysm) with characters being copied onto the realm with next expansion
- Content from patches 2.1 and beyond unavailable at release (Ogri’la, Skettis, Netherwing, Isle of Quel’Danas, dungeons and raids, etc.)
- An extremely immersive experience with hundreds of never seen before RP events and entirely repopulated and scripted world areas
- TBC Dungeons and raids rewritten entirely from scratch based on retail data, with attention to smallest details and adjusted to prenerf version (absolutely no previous/stock code, timers or ids used)
- A plethora of uncommon NPC mechanics and behaviours
- Entirely rewritten, unique and retail-like dynamic respawn and pooling systems
- Reworked and improved movement handling for players, creatures and pets (including Transport pathing and behaviour)
- A unique approach to NPC AI and many of its aspects
- Proper implementation of many PvP/Spell mechanics, including the only correct implementation of Spell Delay with all mechanics tied to it
- And a lot more to come…
We’ve mentioned earlier that we still have a lot of things to show, so here are two small videos we’d like to share:
Previous Netherwing videos: